*Drawings and models I
01. Roof plan showing site boundry and perimeter wall
02. Eighth floor plan showing auditorium and office area
03. Second floor plan revealing voids to below
04. First floor plan showing public plaza
The project is the New Goyang City Hall in Korea, currently the subject of an international design competition. Goyang is one of Seoul’s satellite cities with a population of just over 1 million. The competition organizers state that the aim of the project is “to newly establish the publicness of a public office building” and to provide an “open space layout for inspiring autonomous citizenship as a principal agent in decision-making.” Through an exploration of Choreographs, these ambitions will be embraced and expanded.
05. Model photograph with scale figures arranged in a ceremonial procession
Instructed by Andrew Zago